Manager, Pacific Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Mr Solomone Fifita is currently the Manager of the Pacific Community’s Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency or PCREEE.
He is the former Energy Planner for the Kingdom of Tonga. He has served as Chief Technical Adviser, Project Manager and Team Leader for major regional energy and climate change projects for the Pacific Islands. He was the head of the Regional Energy Programme, housed at the Pacific Community in Suva, Fiji.
Solomone was a lead author in the IPCC’s Special Report on Renewable Energy, the IPCC’s special report on the 1.5oC Mitigation Pathway and the IPCC’s 5th & 6th Assessment Reports.
Solomone was a Lead Reviewer of Annex 1 Parties’ National Communications under the UNFCCC.
Solomone has more than 25 years of working experience in the energy sector of the Pacific Islands.
- Executive Dialogue - The Climate Imperative: Spotlight on Small Island Developing States
- High-level panel IV: Regional Strategies to Sustainable Energy and Best Practices
- Regional Incubation Networks to Accelerate Sustainable Energy Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Industrial Development
- HLP V: The Pioneering Role of Innovative Technologies
- A “New Deal” for Economies of Scale and Inclusiveness - The Global Network of Regional Sustainable Energy Centers (GN-SEC)