Founder and Managing Director
Pravashen is the Founder and Managing Director of EWaste Africa. He holds a BSc in Electro-Mechanical Engineering from the University of Cape Town and has received numerous academic scholarships, bursaries and leadership awards. He is also a part of the prestigious Abe Bailey Fellowship.
Pravashen has worked in numerous large corporates including Unilever where he was a plant manager for numerous years. Pravashen deployed his strong problem-solving skills and experience in the manufacturing sector to establish Ewaste Africa at the age of 30. Ewaste Africa now has two licensed facilities specialising in the recycling of Battery, Lighting, solar and all other electronic waste. Pravashen is well verse in the regulatory requirements for the processing hazardous waste as well as the recently gazetted Extender Produce Responsibility requirements.
Pravashen has won many business and climate impact awards over the last decade:
- Final Global Impact Climate program – 2022
- Nedbank PCB Champion Entrepreneur 2018
- BBQ Young Business Achiever Winner – 2018
- Sanlam Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year 2018 – Finalist
- Eskom BIC Trade and Services Sector Winner – 2017
- Innovation Hubs Gap Green Winner – 2016
- South African Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- SAB KickStart Boost Competition 2016 – 2nd Place